We all wonder things about our bodies. Why does it feel this way? What can I do about it? Why won’t it get better? When we can’t answer these questions, being in a body can be frustrating, painful, and scary.
One of my favourite parts of clinical practice is helping people understand just how related all our “parts” really are, but I rarely have time to finish those conversations in my office. This workshop will share my understanding of bodies, to help take your understanding to the next level.
We will use six weeks to cover three themes:
- Basic tools to “Warm-In” instead of “Warm-Up” your own body
- The fundamentals of posture both seated and standing
- How your own anatomy relates to the way you feel in the context of your own life
Each week will include a pre-recorded:
- Anatomy talk with specific examples of how a person’s lived experience overlaps with the structures in their body.
- Breath practice to “Warm-In” to a felt sense of the body we’re talking about!
- Movement exploration to weave structural understanding together into lived experience.
- A Live Call where we can practice, discuss, and delve deeper into the ideas presented each week.
How It Works
You will receive a welcome email with a link to a password-protected page with new content added each week.
The live calls will occur on Thursdays at 7:30-8:45 EST on May 5, 12, 19, 26, and June 2, 9 hosted via Zoom. You’ll receive weekly email reminders with the Zoom join information and calls will be recorded so you can also study at your own pace or review afterward.
Please note, there will be no late entry; this will be a closed group once it starts with a “video on” request during live calls.
A limited number of scholarship opportunities will be available by request to those in financial need.
All sales are final.