Anatomy on Purpose joins forces with meditation teacher Melissa Berry Appleton to deliver a gentle introduction to the principles of sitting, moving, and breath. Join us for this six-day retreat on Salt Spring Island.
No meditation experience is needed—all you need is a body and a mind.
- 6 nights accommodation
- 3 fresh vegetarian meals per day
- ferry pick up and drop off
- daily meditation
- movement practice (yoga, functional, restorative, and somatic movement)
- education on meditation, structural anatomy, breathwork, body mechanics
- an opportunity to join the residents of Stowel Lake to help work on the farm
- free time each afternoon and one full day on the last day of the retreat
Stowel Lake Farm is a thriving organic farm, retreat center, and community, located on 100 acres of mixed forests, fields, rocky outcrops, and rolling hills. The first four days of the retreat will offer an immersive daily schedule of meditation, movement, learning, farm work, rest, and good food. The fifth day of the retreat will offer a lighter schedule with free time to explore the island and connect with new and old friends.